Manual turntable with 9″ carbon tone-arm
• Chassis piano-lacquered dark grey
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
• The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable rubber-damped aluminium cones.
• The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, an medium density fibre platter, a cork mat (a standard felt mat is supplied also) and a screw-down record clamp.
• The platter’s low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Central metal block optimises centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
• As an optional extra, the turntable is supplied with Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted.
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 – 10g. Alternative counterweights for cartridges weighing between 11 – 15g, 8 – 11g or 5 – 8g are available as an accessory part.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Pro-Ject RPM 5.1
|Optional fitted cartridge||Ortofon 2M Red|
|Nominal speeds||33 / 45 / 78 r.p.m. (78 optional)|
|Dust cover||Pro-Ject Cover it optional|
|RCA phono sockets||yes|
|Rubber-damped aluminium cones||yes|
|Central metal block||yes|
|Tonearm with fibre armtube and sapphire thrust-pads||yes|
|Effective tonearm length||9″ (230mm)|
|Effective tonearm mass||8,5g|
|Supplied counterweight||cartridge weight 6 – 10g|
|Optional counterweights||cartridge weights 11 – 15g, 8 – 11g, 5 – 8g|
|Downforce range||10 – 30mN|
|Speed variance||±0,5 %|
|Wow and flutter||±0,08 %|
|Signal to noise||-70dB|
|Power supply type||Mains-fed outboard power supply|
|220 – 240V, 50 cycles or 100 – 110V, 60 cycles|
|Output voltage||16V/500mA AC|
|Dimension||371 x 145 x 300mm|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)|